Saturday, January 21, 2012

And so it begins....

Here I am not even a month in and I am already falling into bad habits. While my January resolution of "A different outfit everyday" is going surprisingly well, the idea of a healthier lifestyle is looking more and more like "I'll get to it when I get to it." I don't know why I lack the motivation to stay strong and break the cycle of procrastination. I have been skipping the gym, which I totally get pissed about; I have been eating larger portions and crappier food. So of course when I weigh myself the number keeps slowly but surely increasing. I know we all get slumps so I just need to push though it. Brian said he will help me too.
On the other hand, I have been doing other things though that I have to say I am quite proud of. Today for example I went to my very first Women's Retreat through my church. I have to say I was nervous, I have only recently become motivated in my faith, but I feel as though this is exactly where I am supposed to be. We had a one day "retreat" today and I had a fabulous time. Now I would be lying if I said I was 100% satisfied; I think my teacher training and event planning backgrounds have ruined me for events. I find it very hard to tolerate miss managed time and poor planning. But once I got passed all of that, I really did have a great time. We had yummy food, good laughs, a fun raffle, I met some new people, and I even left with a new recipe and some wooden spoons. I spent a lot of time thinking about God's plan for me and my family and I feel renewed so to speak.
I also have been writing daily. One of my Creative Writing III students gave me a box of note cards with ever date of this year stamped on it. I have to write everyday on one of the note cards. It is a freaking adorable idea and I love the girl for thinking it was something I would enjoy.

I guess all in all it hasn't been so bad. I have been taking time for me, growing in my faith, and I ave been sticking to a couple of resolutions ;). I will keep pushing forward and I sure the other things will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment