Saturday, October 13, 2012

Seven months in a (rather lenghthy) nutshell.

So, too much has happened these last seven months to not post so here goes...

March- Derby draft attempt  #1

yeah yeah it turns out I was soooooooo not ready

     April- blah work work work work Easter was nice...
 Then there was Prom...


 

















 I also received a free makeover, thanks to one of my students and her nomination!!!


  









Before


  


The hair was awesome...the make up on the other hand.....
May- Crazy crazy crazy busy... Birthday, derby, Alice's birthday, derby, tattoo, end of the school year...derby
 
 


 My tattoo 
  













2nd Annual Creative Writing Coffeehouse

and more derby...




















and my birthday


















 They made me a Zombie Wacker

                                                                         Alice turned 3...
 
 













 














June- If I thought May was bad, June was the most exhausting month of my entire existence.


 June 2nd- In honor and memory of  Derek, I donated 10 inches of my hair.






June 10th- Draft attempt #2  I make it.



 As of 6/10 I am officially a Treasure Valley Rollergirl. I claim my name and number and am now able to play derby with some of the MOST amazing women on the planet.
This is also the day I drive up to Moscow, Idaho for a month of classes to get me closer to my Master's degree.















June 16th.
      I was playing roller derby up in Moscow and they allowed my to participate in their Freshmeat Scrimmage, as I was jamming and trying to get through the pack I somehow fell and some other girl(s) landed on my ankle and it went all Rice Crispines on me.



I fractured both sides of my left ankle.


 





 I now have 7 screws, a metal plate and 2 pins in my ankle. I was on bed rest for 10 days. No skating for 3 months no full contact for 6. My heart was most definitely broken. But I promised this was not the end for Smack Skellington. :)

     I finished up my course worked, earned one A and one B and went back home.





 A week back home and my Davey kitty had to be put down. He had a disease called fatty liver.




August 6th- Brian and I celebrate 7 years of marriage.
 


                                                                                                                                                            September 6th (not even a full 3 months after the break)



                    I am back on skates.

I am slower,
            weaker,
                 and in no way my best,
                                  but I will get there.



 

This has not been my summer. Last summer was NOT my summer....Maybe next summer??

                             But there is always hope....and things to look forward to...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment