Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Everyone needs a sick day

So today I requested a sick day so I could take a day, hang out with the fam, go to the dentist, get my free training session at the gym and run some needed errands.
My dentist appointment was at 8:00am in Boise and usually Brian stays home with Alice during the day, but today he had an handyman job to finish. (And we could use the extra cash before we go to Europe). So we loaded Alice into the car, Brian left for his job, and I headed into Boise with Alice. Nana agreed to watch her during my appointment so at least that was one thing not to worry about. I was pretty worried about the fact I thought I had a cavity. I am super paronid about my teeth because I've had a lot of mouth drama in my life. But amazingly enough 45 minutes after I arrived I left the dentist with NO CAVITIES!
I decided that since it is a rare occasion that I have time without Brian or Alice with me I would stop by Fred Meyer and do some shopping. I found a killer deal on some SUPER CUTE clothes for Alice and a pair of new sweatpants for my gym visits.
I finally made it back to Nana's house to get Alice. Usually trying to pry Alice away from Nana is like attempting to remove a limb. Alice loves her Nana so much that it is ALWAYS a nightmare when we leave. Today there was no issue. She gave me a hug, held on and waved bye-bye to Nana. No problem. I can't even describe how awesome it feels to have her not scream and cry as we drive away.
Finally I got home and had about 45 minutes to spend with Brian before I needed to go to the gym. We fed Alice lunch, read her a book and then put her to bed. I changed my clothes, kissed Brian good-bye and left for the gym
When I got there I found out that my trainer wasn't showing up. He had car trouble and couldn't make it. (and i guess he couldn't call me before I showed up either) At first I was annoyed. I mean I took the day off, scheduled the whole day so I could be there and he can't even show up?. So I turned around to leave and realized that even though he wasn't there didn't mean I needed to leave. So I grabbed the closest elliptical and kicked my own butt.
This is HUGE for me!
The old Andi would have been pissed off, stomped out and gone home and ate something really bad. I worked out.
When I did get home I ate some Greek Yogurt and read a little of my new book club read.
OK maybe a took a little nap after that, but hey it was a sick day. ;)

Brian got back from work, Alice woke up, and we headed to Costco (which for some reason I LOVE). The samples were great and things I could eat (I don't eat meat so sometimes the pickins' are slim) and Brian and I scored the last box of Healthy Choice fudge bars which are AMAZING and only worth 1 Weight Watcher's point each.

Side-note: I didn't even call the school today to check on my sub (and that is HUGE for me).

We got back home, ate dinner, played with Alice and then watched some American Idol. Good Day.

This day just proves that I am changing--for the better. I'm being optimistic, focusing on my needs for once and really trying to take pleasure in the little things. I really feel like I am making huge strides to improve myself and my life so I can better serve those around me in addition to serving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment