Monday, March 14, 2011

A Day at the Park

So since I am leaving in 8 days to go to Europe for 10 days I figured I needed to spend some quality time with Alice. Now usually we just hang out at home, play with toys, read some books, watch a tv show, draw, ect, but today I decided to be adventurous and take her ot the park. There is a little playground located in our subdivision. It has a slide, some swings and a jungle gym area. I figured it would be a great little adventure for the two of us so I got us ready, and we headed out.
The first thing Alice wants to do is look at and touch all the trees and large bushes. After we spend 5 minutes talking about and touching all the trees we can we headed to the park. When we got there the first thing I saw was the little kids seat swings. Brian has taken her to this park before, but I hadn't, so I was really excited to see how she would like it. Well she loved it. The second I sat her in the swing she was all giggles and smiles. She laughed and pointed and giggled and had a blast!
Then we went over to the jungle gym. She slid down the slide, walked over the very sketchy bridge and scoped out the other kids and had a great time.
We finished up at the park and as we were leaving Alice darted back towards the swings. The other little kids had just jumped off and before I knew it the swing smacked Alice in the mouth. She fell straight backwards and started screaming and I picked her up and saw her lip was bleeding from where her toot cut it. I have never felt so bad my entire life. I have yet to see Alice get hurt so when I saw blood I freaked! I call Brian, cried, and hugged her so tight I thought she might pop.
She cried for a whole 45 seconds before she was OK again, but who knows when I will recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment