Sunday, March 20, 2011

Girls Night In

So since I graduated from college, got married, and had a kid, I noticed that I haven't been spending as much time with friends as I would like. There have been people slowly drifting out of my life and I decided that I needed to do something about it. It was then decided that we would attempt a girls night at my house.

Four of us Neely Hall girls (Danielle, Jessi and Kelli and I) got together and spend the night eating yummy homemade tacos, playing Life and busting out with Just Dance on the Wii. I have to say it was great. I was nervous at first, because it had been so long (years) since we had all been together just to hang out. I wasn't sure what would happen. We have all changed a bit since college, but that didn't seem to matter.

The night was great.

We had a taco potluck, everyone brought something and created their own delicious dinner. After that we played games. We started with the new electronic version of Life (Jessi was in awe) and after I placed dead last we moved on to dessert.

Kelly made Dulce de Leche (Oh my God it was amazing) to put on pound cake and top off with strawberries.











After that we played some Just Dance on the Wii.

Kelly and Danielle didn't even leave until after midnight. Jessi had a good excuse as to why she left early though ;)

Since it was such a success we have decided to do this once a month. What a great way to stay connected and have a great (and kid free) night with the girls.

I can't wait for April!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment