Friday, March 11, 2011

Keep up the good work

So first I need to apologize to the people (if any) that read this. It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I fear it is only going to get crazier :)
With all the lunatic legislation and education reform bills passing my future as a teacher is looking grim. While I most likely have a job, the next couple of years look to be very stressful and even more demanding than they already are. Luna's education reform plans are hurting and in now way helping my situation.
Then there are of course travel preparations...Trying to get 15 students and 4 chaperons ready for 10 days in Europe is not an easy task. In addition to emergency contact forms, phone trees, flight/hotel information, and cutting 19 checks for my fellow travelers, my last couple of weeks have been hectic.
Then of course I spent 45 minutes on the phone with my monthly family drama (aka my biological mother). With all that, and work itself, I have found little time to stop, breathe and write, but I'm back!
Today was good day. It started as a student free work day and I was able to grade all my students' assignments and papers and put all the grades in the grade book. While I was finishing Brian stopped by with Alice for a night little break. We took a walk around the building and stopped by the prom committee as they were setting up for tomorrow's yard sale. We found an awesome activity cart for Alice and bought it. She started playing with it right away. Score!!!
For lunch my co-workers (Kim, Traci, Donna, and Brittney) and I went to Athena's and ate delicious Greek food. When we got back to school Donna and I decided to take on the task of cleaning the English work room and let me tell you, I was an organizing fiend. We are not done by any means but we kicked some serious butt.
After work I spent time at my book club and discussed the so-far-slightly-confusing book (I'm not finished yet) Great House by Nicole Kraus.
Finally I arrived at home where my daughter and husband were waiting for me. I ate some delicious homemade shrimp and wild rice soup, spent 20 minutes tickling my daughter as she laughed the sweetest laugh in the world, and decided to write a bit. I think maybe I'll watch a movie or read a book still. The night is young...

1 comment:

  1. I love you! Don't worry, things will be less hectic after the trip.

    ReplyDelete